Version 1.0, 17 Sep 2018
- This My Navy Portal (MNP) public site is an official U.S. Navy World Wide Web site that is provided as a public service by PEO-EIS PMW 240.
- Any communications using, or data stored on, this United States Government (USG) Information System (IS) are not private; are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search; and may be disclosed or used for any USG authorized purpose.
- Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This USG computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics that are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this USG IS routinely monitors communications occurring on this IS, and any device attached to this IS, for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, Communications Security (COMSEC) monitoring, network defense, quality control, identifying unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, employee misconduct, law enforcement, and counterintelligence investigations.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigation and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used to simply determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages are the most popular, and from time to time, from which top-level domain users access the site. This data is scheduled for periodic destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is any information about an individual that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual ‘s identity and that is linked or linkable to specified individual, alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information (reference: DoD Directive 5400.11, “DoD Privacy Program,” October 29, 2014). We do not obtain PII about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide such information to us. We will obtain PII about you when you login to the site in order to help you conduct career management. If you choose to send email to the site webmaster or submit an online feedback form, any contact information that you provide will be solely used to respond to your request and not stored.
- MNP will obtain your personal information from, and send your personal information to, other Navy and Department of Defense (DoD) systems in response to your actions on the MNP system. Examples include when you submit a request, when you view your record, ask for help, apply for special programs, request changes or corrections to your personnel record(s), and perform other career and human-resource management functions.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to MNP_Helpdesk@navy.mil.
If you have a privacy question, or you know or suspect a privacy disclosure on this website, contact the help desk at MNP_Helpdesk@navy.mil and ask for your request to be directed to the PMW 240 Privacy Officer.
Per Office of Management and Budget (OMB) directive M-10-22 (“Guidelines for Online Use of Web Measurement and Customization Technologies”) dated 25 June 2010, this site is allowed to use web measurement technologies to remember a user's online transactions in order to conduct measurement and analysis of usage or to customize a user's experience. This technology incorporates the use of Tier 2 multi-session cookies where no PII is collected. We will not use this technology to track user individual-level activity on the Internet outside of the MNP system, nor to share data with entities outside the Navy or DoD.
CLIENT SIDE OPT-OUT
Site visitors can opt out of web measurement and customization technologies by changing the settings of their web browser. Please refer to http://www.usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml for general instructions on how to opt out.
DISCLAIMER FOR EXTERNAL LINKS
The appearance of hyperlinks on this page does not constitute endorsement by the Federal Government, the DoD, or the U.S. Navy of linked web sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the PMW 240 office does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at linked locations. External links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.
DISCLAIMER FOR CONNECTIONS
Areas of this Server link to other Web Information Systems providing information and which are operated by other government organizations, commercial firms, educational institutions, and private parties. We have no control over the information on those systems that may be objectionable or that may not otherwise conform to Department of Navy policies. Unless otherwise noted, some of the Sites listed within the pages of this server are provided by organizations outside the Navy Domain. These links are offered as a convenience and for informational purposes only. Their inclusion here does not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Department of the Navy of any of the products, services, or opinions of the external providers. The Department of the Navy bears no responsibility for the accuracy or the content of external sites.
Administration provided by the PMW 240 Sea Warrior Project Office in Arlington, Virginia, USA. MNP_ADMIN_HELP_fct@navy.mil