(Version 0.3, 06 Feb 2017)
- This My Navy Portal (MNP) public site is an official U.S. Navy World Wide Web site that is provided as a public service by PEO-EIS/PMW 240.
- Any communications using, or data stored on, this United States Government (USG) Information System (IS) are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG authorized purpose.
- Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo and image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this USG IS routinely monitors communications occurring on this IS, and any device attached to this IS, for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network defense, quality control, identifying unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, employee misconduct, law enforcement and counterintelligence investigations.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigation and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used to simply determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages are the most popular, and, from time to time, from which top level domain users are coming. This data is scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act
- We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide such information to us. If you choose to send email to the site webmaster or submit an online feedback form, any contact information that you provide will be solely used to respond to your request and not stored.
If you have a privacy question, or you know or suspect a privacy disclosure on this website, contact the help desk at MNP_Helpdesk@navy.mil and ask for your request to be directed to the PMW 240 Privacy Officer.
Per directive M-10-22 (guidelines for Online Use of Web Measurement and Customization Technologies) dated 25 June 2010, this site is allowed to use web measurement technologies to remember a user's online transactions in order to conduct measurement and analysis of usage or to customize a user's experience. This technology incorporates the use of Tier 2 Multi-session cookies where no personally identifying information (PII) is collected. No user information is gathered for a site user outside of the MNP public website.
CLIENT SIDE OPT-OUT
Site visitors can opt out of web measurement and customization technologies by changing the settings of their web browser. Please refer to http://www.usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml for general instructions on how to opt out.
DISCLAIMER FOR EXTERNAL LINKS
The appearance of hyperlinks on this page does not constitute endorsement by the Federal Government, the Department of Defense, or the U.S. Navy, of linked web sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the PMW 240 office does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at linked locations. External links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.
DISCLAIMER FOR CONNECTIONS
Areas of this Server link to other Web Information Systems providing information which are operated by other government organizations, commercial firms, educational institutions, and private parties. We have no control over the information on those systems which may be objectionable or which may not otherwise conform to Department of Navy policies. Unless otherwise noted, some of the Sites listed within the pages of this server are provided by organizations outside the Navy Domain. These links are offered as a convenience and for informational purposes only. Their inclusion here does not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Department of the Navy of any of the products, services, or opinions of the external providers. The Department of the Navy bears no responsibility for the accuracy or the content of external sites.
Administration provided by the PMW 240 Sea Warrior Project Office in Arlington, Virginia, USA. MNP_Helpdesk@navy.mil